The City Economic Enterprise serves as management umbrella of seven (7) important units providing frontline services to college paper for sale the public. Its sphere of coordination links it to all agencies of government.
The City Economic Enterprise serves as management umbrella of seven (7) important units providing frontline services to the public. Its sphere of coordination links it to all agencies of government.
To be a corps of competent civil servants managing viable economic undertakings, a result-oriented government office delivering professional, honest and efficient public service, and a responsible employer who makes employment a worthwhile and satisfying experience.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To generate a +5% increase in net profit every year.
- To be adjudged the best in the country in all of its economic undertakings.
- To attain a +10% improvement in costumer service index score annually.
- To attain a +10% improvement in employee satisfaction score annually.
The City Economic Enterprise has the following units under it. 9 public markets, 1 overland transport terminal, main (Ma-a) and 3 satellite slaughterhouses (Calinan, Mintal, Toril), 1 sea port (Sta. Ana), 1 park (Magsaysay), 10 cemeteries and 1 recreation center (Almendras Gym). These units were put up in different years but put under one management when the City Economic Enterprise Office was created upon reorganization of the city’s bureaucracy in 1996. Currently, it has an eight year-old organizational goal which was developed in December 2, 2004 by management and all the supervisors. For calendar year 2009, Economic Enterprise implemented 7 programs namely;
- Operation of nine (9) city-owned public markets.
- Operation of one (1) overland terminal (DCOTT).
- Operation of one (1) main slaughterhouse (Ma-a) and three (3) satellite slaughterhouse.
- Operation of one (1) port (Sta. Ana).
- Operation of one (1) park (Magsaysay Park).
- Operation of ten (10) public cemeteries.
- Operation of one (1) recreation center (DCRC).
Who We Are
What We Do
The office headed by the Economic Enterprise Manager manages and supervises the operation of frontline offices of the city namely:
- Operation of City-Owned Public Market
- Leasing Market Stalls to the Public
- Renewal of Contract of Lease
- Regular Transfer of Rights
- Transfer of Rights by Succession
- Use of Electricity at Public Markets
- Use of Water at Public Markets
- Handling of Complaints and Related Concerns
- Issuance of Certifications
- Operation of the Davao Overland Transport Terminal
- Payment for the Use of Terminal Bays and Space
- Use of Space by Stall/Stand/Special section Owners
- Payment of Arcabala by Peddlers and Porters
- Installation of Advertising Paraphernalia (Three Months and below)
- Installation of Advertising Paraphernalia/Signboards (More the Three Months)
- Use of Electricity by Bus Operators
- Issuance of Certifications
- Public Assistance Counter
- Breast Feeding Center
- Operation of Slaughterhouse
- Slaughtering of Animals for Public Consumption
- Operation of Sta. Ana Port
- Docking and Unloading of Cargoes
- Docking and Unloading of passengers
- Application for Berthing Permit for Foreign Vessels
- Vehicles/Trisikad Entry and Parking
- Lease for Space and Building
- Operation of Davao City Recreation Center(Almendras Gym)
- Booking for the Use of DCRC (Almendras Gym)
- Operation of Public Cemeteries
- Grave Lot Lease Application and Burial
- Accommodation of Pauper’s Burial
- Exhumation of Buried Body